The Nexus 7 is the first tablet in Google’s popular Nexus line. This sleek mini tablet developed by Google and Asus needs an equally well designed cover to protect it. We’ll look at some of the best Nexus 7 2013 covers, but first let’s go over why you will need quality protection for your tablet and how you should decide which cover is right for you.
Using a tablet without a good cover leaves your expensive device open to possible damage, that’s just not smart. Lets face it, accidents happen and you’d prefer those accidents not to set you back a couple hundred dollars when a good cover could have prevented that. So just do yourself a favor and equip yourself with a decent protective case. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, lets figure out what to consider when purchasing your Nexus 7 cover.
Things to consider when buying one
- 1 1. Poetic Slimline Case for Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet Black (With Auto Wake / Sleep Function) (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
- 2 2. MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover
- 3 3. ASUS New Nexus 7 FHD Official Travel Cover
- 4 4. rooCASE Google Nexus 7 FHD Case – Slim Shell Origami Cover (2nd Gen 2013 Model)
- 5 5. rooCASE Google Nexus 7 FHD Case – Dual-View Multi-angle Stand Cover (700+ reviews)
- 6 6. Kamor® Google Nexus 7 2013 Case Smart Cover with Stylus
- 7 Why you need a cover for your new Nexus 7
Not all tablet covers are created equal, so you will need to take a look at different styles and designs to decide the best fit for your needs. Some things to consider when picking out a case for your Nexus 7:
- Size (Does it fix my Nexus 7 tight)
- Type of material
- Extra features and functions
Some covers are very simple skins that just slip on to your tablet to prevent dirt and scratches from damaging the surface while others are big carrying cases that also serve as stands and can resemble briefcases. You can also choose very resilient cases that protect your tablet effectively from very rough handling. There are plenty of options available depending on your lifestyle and budget.
Here are some reviews of the best Nexus 7 2013 covers to help you make your pick.
1. Poetic Slimline Case for Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet Black (With Auto Wake / Sleep Function) (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
A very sturdy case, the Poetic slimline is a great everyday cover to have. The slimline has a smart folder design that protects the screen and back of the case very efficiently. Also includes
-Magnetic cover-Auto wake/sleep function
-Shock resistant polyurethane
-Exposed charging port and buttons for maximum accessibility
The slimline comes in 8 different colors
This multi purpose case is designed specifically for the Nexus and is made with hard plastic and a padded soft front and includes many great features including:
-A leather exterior-Built in stand for watching videos
-Automatic wake/sleep when you open or close the case lid
-A lifetime warranty
This case comes in many colors and has a very classy look to it. The interior is made from microfiber to add an extra layer of protection and prevent scratches.
A lightweight case perfect for someone on the go, this is an official Asus cover that was made specifically for the Nexus 7. Features include:
- Wireless charging without removing the cover
- Lightweight and durable polymer
- Full accessibility while keeping the tablet fully protected
This cover is perfect for someone looking for something less bulky but still want solid protection from bumps and scratches.
-Non-scratch micro fiber exterior
-Auto wake/sleep feature
-Magnetic front lid
-Form fitting shell
With a soft matte texture, this Nexus 7 cover has a great feel to it. This case is very dynamic and folds into either landscape, portrait or typing orientation.
This comes with qn even better deal – a bonus 3-in-1 stylus pen and leather premium feeling cover.
It stands in landscape and portrait angle.
This slim leather folio case is very durable while also looking and feeling light. Case includes:
- -Soft scratch protective interior
- -Auto wake/sleep feature when you open/close the case
- -Adjustable two angle stand
- -Cutouts for full access to all Nexus 7 features
Very professional looking case that does a great job of balancing durability with a thin design.
Why you need a cover for your new Nexus 7
There are a few very good reasons why a cover for your Nexus tablet is absolutely necessary. Tablet cases serve a number of purposes such as:
- protecting your tablet from scratches and cracks
- Allowing you to carry your tablet conveniently
- Giving your tablet a nice look and feel
- Acting as a stand for your tablet
These are some of the best Nexus 7 2013 covers available and any of them would be a great pick up. Make your prized Nexus 7 fully protected against damage and get access to many of the cool features these covers offer. Don’t spend another minute with an unprotected tablet, find a Nexus 7 cover discount and get a great deal today.