Head-to-Head Amazon Fire vs Samsung Galaxy Tab Comparison
When it comes to choosing tablets, many people cannot decide between kindle fire HD vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, which one to go for, say for playing games, Skype chatting and taking pictures Overall, the Kindle Fire HD 7-inch is the most affordable tablet and offers best value for its price; with a stunning HD display, faster performance, longer battery life, and lighter design.
>> 11/26/15 Special: 2015 Fire Tablet (Entry Level Tablet – best for Kids) is $34.99 Only this Black Friday. <<
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 offers enhanced portability because of its slim form and blends more functionality on the go. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 is an Android 4.0 tablet with a 7-inch display. Similar in design to the original predecessor tablet, this device is 10.5mm thin with IGB RAM, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, and an internal storage of 16 or 32GB.
Comparative review of the Fire HD Tablet vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
- Fire HD 2014 features a smaller bezel, cleaner lines, and optimized button placements. This all-new, streamlined design helps Kindle Fire HD disappear in your hands, so you can get lost in your viewing.
We still favorite Fire as the best budget Tablet for 2015.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 is a deeply unremarkable tablet with underwhelming performance and a low-res display that remains ostensibly unchanged since the launch of the original Galaxy Tab. It’s a deeply average tablet that’s been way over-priced by Samsung.”
Fire HD features a new 1280×800 high definition LCD display with over one million pixels that brings your content to life. We’ve ensured you have a great viewing experience at all angles through an innovative combination of IPS (in-plane switching) technology, an advanced polarizing filter, and anti-glare technology.
However, Galaxy Tab 4 Tablet only offers:
* 1280 x 800 HD resolution 7-inch screen, as well as a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor.
* Stunning HD Display. Rich, HD video. Beautiful, vivid photos. Crisp, detailed text.
* Clearly bright display best for movies, TV shows and games among other views.
Galaxy Tab 4 (2014) is a fresh update in 2014 with Beautiful Screen WXGA 1280×800 Display that can match up with Kindle Fire HD, but a little bit pricy.
There are several quick ways to navigate the Home screen on your Kindle Fire HD 7″:
- Home – Tap the Home icon to go to the Home screen from anywhere on your Kindle.
- Content Libraries – The Home screen on your Kindle Fire contains content libraries where you’ll access your books, games, videos, and other content. Tap a library to open it.
- Carousel – The Carousel holds your most recently used books, videos, music, apps, and more. To remove an item from the Carousel, press and hold, and then tap remove from Carousel.
- Settings – Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings to manage Wi-Fi, brightness, and other settings.
- Search – In the Search bar type the search words, and then tap Libraries, Stores, or Web to search for your items, shop for items, or search the web.
- Favorites – Tap the Favorites icon from Home to view apps and content you’ve marked as your favorites. To mark your content as a favorite, press and hold the item, and then tap Add to Favorites.
- Check out the UI yourself.
The notifications window has a toggle to adjust settings
- It is easy to lock the screen in
- default notifications on incoming e-mails may not be really valuable when in a meeting
- On-screen screen capture button for you to write about the Android application
- A series of quick launch apps will pop up at the tap of the screen, without getting adjustable, making it easy for the manager, calendar, world clock, pen memo, calculator, and music player
- high performing battery life, lasting up to 11 hours depending on the settings and usage
- Built-in 4,000mAh battery
AppStore and Content
Fire HD: Fire OS 3.0 includes an enhanced, content-first home screen that allows users to easily switch between viewing their recent content and apps in Carousel View or favorites in Grid View.
The new Quick Switch feature uses a side swipe gesture to easily move between multiple apps or individual content items without navigating home. On tablets with Special Offers, new Kindle-exclusive, limited-time deals are available—they are similar to Lightning Deals that run on Amazon.com, but with even greater savings.
- Both the Google Play and Samsung Apps store are included on Samsung Tab.
- Room for third-party app installations just in case you want the Amazon App Store or any other third-party Android store are also available.
Sometimes Amazon runs special discounts and you could get like $119 which is a steal!
- Blind and visually impaired customers can leverage new and improved accessibility tools such as Screen Reader, Explore by Touch, and Screen Magnifier. Screen Reader features IVONA’s award-winning natural language text-to-speech voice.
- 8 GB memory
- microSD card slot – you can add up to 64GB separately
- 7.5″ X 5.0″ X 0.4″ (191 X 128 X 10.6 mm) Fire HD 7″ is slight bigger.
- 7.4” X 4.2” X 0.4” Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 is smaller
Features Head-to-Head Competition
- The Fire was designed to deliver to users Amazon’s books, video, and music services in the simplest and most straightforward way possible.
- Same as other Samsung galaxy tablets
- videos, music, apps, contacts, and other content remains automatically and wirelessly in sync with the tablet
Fire HD Pros
- Sharp, warm screen.
- Media library.
- Highly streamlined UI.
- Dolby sound.
- Full access to Amazon content (Kindle, Music, Amazon Prime Movies etc.)
- Up to date Fire OS (which is fully customized Android OS)
- Smart display plus all the android trimmings at a fair price.
- The port is infrared.
- Very versatile with different home theater-friendly apps
- less option app store
- Annoying lock screen ads for some users
- Sometimes over promoted
- Occasionally Different UI interface
- Amazon and Google email and calendar apps don’t match
- Relatively less internal storage compared to the specs.
- Speed is sometimes disappointing
- Not good for taking still shots
- Slow to start up
Technically, a review of the Galaxy Tab 7 and Fire HD, aside from downloadable video, the three forms of Amazon media (books, streaming video, and music) can indeed be accessed from devices; however, aside from the Amazon Cloud Music app, the Android alternatives (Kindle book app, the slap-dash-y Prime access) pale in comparison. Customers who have had an experience with them praise them for better convenience and appreciated the simple and effective user interface on back-to-back tasks. Depending on your taste, you can buy these devices from a number of stores at good prices because of the Kindle and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 discount you will get from these stores.
From this review, when you compare the Fire HD vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, none of them can be said to be better than the other, it all depends on user preferences. When it comes to consuming Amazon music, books, and video, the Tab 7.0 is no Kindle Fire HD. But for some, the extras the Samsung offers (expandable storage, dual cameras, GPS, full Android Market) will be a worthwhile alternative to the Fire, and well worth the $30 premium.
Check out our Best Fire HD 7″ Discount!
Got something to say? Click here to reply