Purchasing a new tablet can be a time consuming and frustrating process, especially if you don’t do your homework first. There are so many to choose from, with new ones appearing on the market almost daily, it seems. Taking some time to research the different models available will save you both time and money in the long run, as you will have narrowed your search to just a few possibilities. Here we compare the Fire HD 7 vs Kindle Fire HDX 7, in order to demonstrate the differences that can exist between two Fire tablets. People that are looking to compare Kindle tablets will have plenty of work ahead, but we’ve taken some of the guesswork out of the process for you.
About the Fire HD 7
The Fire HD 7 has a seven-inch screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800 ppi. Its battery life extends for up to 8 hours. It has single-band Wi-Fi and no 4G. It has dual stereo speakers and a built-in microphone. The Fire HD 7 has a front-facing VGA camera and a 2 MP rear-facing camera. It can hold either 8 or 16 GB.
About the Kindle Fire HDX 7
The Kindle Fire HDX 7 has a seven-inch screen with resolution of 1920 x 1200 ppi. It has a battery life of up to 11 hours with mixed use. The Kindle Fire HDX 7 has dual-band, dual antenna Wi-Fi, dual stereo speakers and a built-in microphone. It has a front-facing HD camera. In terms of capacity, the Kindle Fire HDX 7 can hold either 16, 32, or 64 GB.
Similarities Between the Fire HD and the Kindle Fire HDX
– Both the Fire HD 7 and the Kindle Fire HDX 7 have the same screen size at 7 inches. A device’s screen size can make all the difference for many shoppers, so decide in advance what you are looking for.
– Both feature dual stereo speakers and built-in microphones.
– Both offer free unlimited cloud storage. More and more people are using cloud storage instead of relying solely on the storage capacities of their devices, so free unlimited cloud storage can be a major asset.
Differences Between the Two Fire Tablets
Ultimately, however, even a casual glance at the capabilities and specifications of a Fire HD 7 and a Kindle Fire HDX 7 model indicates that these two devices are different in many important ways. Overall the Kindle Fire HDX 7 has more extensive and more advanced capabilities than the Fire HD 7. Since Kindle Fire HDX 7 also retails for about $60 more than the Fire HD, customers that want these features are going to have to be willing to pay for them.
The storage capacity of the Kindle Fire HDX 7 is greater than that of the Fire HD 7, so people who need or want to store a lot of data or applications on their tablets will want the Kindle Fire HDX 7. People that commute and people that find themselves spending a lot of time with their tablets for whatever reason may also gravitate towards the Kindle Fire HDX 7, since its battery life is significantly longer.
– Design: The Fire HD 7 comes in pink, black, white, blue, and yellow, while the Kindle HDX 7 only comes in black. Otherwise, their designs are similar.
– Screen: Both tablets have 7-inch screens. – Battery: The Fire HD 7 has a battery life of up to 8 hours while the Kindle Fire HDX 7 has a battery life of up to 11 hours.
– Price: The Fire HD 7 retails for $139, while the Kindle Fire HDX 7 is priced at $199.
– Storage: The Fire HD 7 has 8 or 16 GB available storage, vs. the Kindle Fire HDX 7 which has 16, 32, or 64 GB of space.
– Dimensions: The Fire HD 7 has a resolution of 1280 x 800 ppi and the Kindle Fire HDX 7 has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 ppi.
– Feature Difference: The Kindle Fire HDX 7 features 4G capabilities and a High-definition camera, unlike the Fire HD 7. Otherwise, the two tablets will have similar features: one tablet will simply have higher capabilities within the same category as the other.
– Pros and Cons: The Kindle Fire HDX 7 has a much clearer resolution than the Fire HD 7 as well as a longer battery life and more storage. However, the Fire HD 7 is less expensive, has more variety in terms of its outer design colors, and it may be enough for many users.
Fire HD 7 Reception
Many customers have had high praise for the Fire HD 7. They said that setting up the tablet was simple and that it was quite user-friendly. Some people have criticized its comparatively limited storage capacity. These were people who created a lot of video files, so a tablet like this wouldn’t quite meet their needs. Many people reported that the Fire HD 7 was a bargain, and they were happy that they purchased it instead of one of the more expensive models.
Kindle Fire HDX 7 Reception
The Kindle Fire HDX 7 has been highly rated by people that need to spend a lot of time each day on their tablets. For people that use their tablets in business settings and people that read a lot, the Kindle Fire HDX 7 seems to be a tablet of choice. The screen has been highly rated in terms of the image quality it offers and the readability of the text that appears on the screen. Customers have reported that the Kindle Fire HDX 7 is fast and efficient. Some people didn’t feel that it was worth the comparatively high price tag, while others did.
Choosing a Tablet
Ultimately, it is hard to say whether or not the Fire HD 7 is objectively better than the Kindle Fire HDX 7 or the other way around. Some customers will prefer one tablet, and some customers will prefer the other. Fire HD 7 vs Kindle Fire HDX 7 comparisons don’t always take into account the priorities of specific customers.
Customers that are more casual in terms of their tech preferences will probably prefer the Fire HD 7. People that are interested in buying a tablet for the children or their less tech-savvy relatives should get them the Fire HD 7 instead of the Kindle Fire HDX 7. Similarly, customers that are interested in saving money on their tech purchases may decide that spending an extra $60 on a Kindle Fire HDX simply isn’t worth it to them. The Fire HD 7 will be able to meet the needs of many different tech customers, making it a high-quality device.
The Kindle Fire HDX 7 is more equipped to meet the needs of tech-savvy customers and customers who use their tablet devices professionally. People that care about image quality and plan on creating many video files should also get the Kindle Fire HDX 7, given its good resolution dimensions and storage capacity. A Kindle Fire discount may make all the difference for some customers, but not all. Customers should choose what works for them, since there is no way to objectively solve the Fire HD 7 vs Kindle Fire HDX 7 debate.