Amazon Fire HD 10 Review: Power + Performance = Perfection
When it comes to tablets, nobody has better devices than Amazon. Their line of Fire tablets are the best there is thanks to innovative design, ground-breaking technology and great pricing that makes them affordable for consumers everywhere. They recently unveiled their newest tablet, the Fire HD 10, and as impossible as it sounds, it surpasses everything Amazon has done before. They managed to improve upon their already flawless designs to give you a tablet that truly does it all, but you don’t have to take my word for it. I will break it all down for you in my in-depth Fire HD 10 review, from specs to consumer reviews, to show you why you should run out and buy one.
Review of Fire HD 10: Features & Benefits
What sets the HD 10 apart from every other tablet? Let’s take a look at its key features and benefits to find out:
- Sleek, light weight design: Even though this tablet boasts a 10.1″ screen, it is razor thin and lightweight, so it’s comfortable to carry and use. But don.t worry- thin doesn’t mean flimsy. They used strong resilient materials, making it almost 2x more durable than the newest iPad Air.
That means you can travel with it without worry, so take it on a business trip or on vacation to enjoy a movie or watch family videos.
- Crystal clear display: Amazon went all out on the display, with over a million pixels (149 ppi / 1280 x 800) for the clearest, brightest images yet. They also made it a widescreen display, perfect for streaming any of Amazon’s TV shows, movies or games. It also cuts down on glare and makes colors more vibrant.
- High-Grade technology: The HD 10 doesn’t just look great – it function great too thanks to a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, storage up to 128 GB and a rear-facing 5 MP camera and front-facing HD camera.
- Processor: The fast processor means you can open multiple windows, stream content and more without any delays or pauses while pages load.
- Storage: The HD has 16 GB or 32 GB of storage, with the ability to add the micro SD card for 128 GB and unlimited cloud storage for your pictures. That means you can download and save as many pictures, videos, or anything else you want without worrying about space.
- Camera: You can see every detail when you take pictures or selfies thanks to this tablets front and rear cameras. Images come out prefect in any light, perfect for capturing all your favorite moments.
- Unlimited content with Prime: Amazon has over 38 million movies, shows, music, games and books to stream- many of which are free with Prime membership. They have a virtual library to rent ebooks for free, original shows and an all new app store feature: Amazon underground.
With underground you can get over 10,000 apps, in-game purchases and more for free- something you won’t find anywhere else. This is a great feature for everyone, but especially if you have 0kids who play lots of games.
- Pricing: The HD 10 costs around $220, a real bargain for all that you are getting. With the unlimited content and exceptional features it is an investment that pays for itself and is considerably less than other tablets.
Pros & Cons
As you can see, the Fire HD 10 is loaded with the newest features to improve your experience. In terms of how it performs and how it looks it is head and shoulders above the competition. It delivers what you need with powerful, quick responses in crystal clear imagery. Let’s look at the pros & cons of the device to see just how good it is:
The Fire HD 10 is sleek and stylish, giving users and easy to navigate device that is tops in power and features. Pictures come out looking like they were taken by a professional, pages load instantly and storage is unlimited so you can browse, download and store without interruption.
In addition, you also have access to unlimited video, TV, movie and book libraries for little or no money.
As a Prime member you can read the paper on the way to work, watch a movie in stunning widescreen with the family or listen to your favorite music while you clean. Whatever content you are looking for, they have it, and for less than any other device.
The one drawback with this device is that Prime membership costs $99 a year. Yes, it adds another $100 to the cost, but Prime gives you so much in addition to streaming content (like free 2-day shipping) that it is worth it. Plus, you don’t have to have Prime to enjoy the HD 10- it is a great device either way.
The Fire HD 10 vs the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1″
When you compare the HD 10 to its biggest competition, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1″, it is clear the HD 10 is the better choice. While they are the same size, they differ in just about everything else. First and foremost, the Tab 4 cost $260, that is a $30 increase for a tablet that has less to offer. It has a slower processor (1.2 GHz quad-core), less memory (16 GB and no micro SD option) and a lower resolution display.
The slower processor means it will take longer to open documents, stream and download. Also, the limited storage means you need to be careful with how many pictures you take and save- which can be a real hassle. Finally, while The Tab 4 has a nice display, it isn’t nearly as sharp as the HD 10. So while it is a good device, it is not worth the investment compared to the HD 10.
If you still need more proof of why this tablet is a must-have, take a look at what customers have to say. Almost every review is gushing, as consumers are floored by how it works and looks.They say it is “a piece of art” and works “like a dream”.
Many are impressed by the devices “exceptional quality” and most say they would recommend it to friends and family.
Q & A
Here are some of the most asked questions:
Q. Does the micro SD card make a big difference?
A: ” Yes. The SD card means you can read, play and watch until your hearts content. It eliminates the chance of you running out of room”
Q. Is it really durable?
A:” Yes. It can withstand everyday wear and tear- and more, and still look and work perfectly.”
Q. Is Prime a must?
A:” No, a Prime membership enhances user experience, but isn’t a necessity to enjoy and get full use out of the device.”
As you can see from my Fire HD 10 review, this is an extraordinary tablet that is guaranteed to improve your everyday life. It will let you watch TV, take pictures and read in style, giving you high-quality images and text that is easy on the eyes. It is easy to use and is packed with apps and features that will put everything at your fingertips, from best sellers to music videos.
Consumers can’t help but rave over it thanks to affordable pricing and every known luxury built right in. So if you are looking for a high-tech tablet that makes everything you do better, then the HD is the tablet for you. An incredible tablet at an incredible price, the Fire HD 10 is the perfect choice for everyone.
Got something to say? Click here to reply